David is a Leadership Advisor for schools in the Manawatu-Whanganui-Taranaki-Ruapehu region. He lives in Palmerston North.
Most recently David was Principal of Russell Street School in Palmerston North and prior to this he held a curriculum (maths) facilitation role, and had been principal of two other schools. He has been a strong advocate for all principals, engaging in regional and national forums, PLD funding allocation panels and the National Maths Reference Group, to name but a few. He has also held director roles for several contestable funding programmes.
David’s expertise and knowledge is diverse and he is well-grounded with recent successful practice, along with an evidence base. His background covers all aspects of leadership and in particular:
- Effective governance, strategic planning and self-review
- Professional learning, teaching as inquiry and leadership inquiry
- Performance Management
- Developing and managing school culture and relationships
- Collaboration, including Communities of Learning I Kāhui Ako
- General school management including finance and property.
In David’s spare time he plays competitive badminton at a national level, spends time on home improvement and supports the local swimming association in timekeeping and announcing roles.