Build kaiako understanding of NCEA in wharekura and secondary schools.
Why focus on aromatawai NCEA as part of your PLD plan
To build collaborative relationships with colleagues within and beyond the kura
To raise ākonga and kaiako knowledge and understanding of the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA)
To strengthen kaiako knowledge of standards-based assessment
To raise ākonga achievement and outcomes
Build powerful relationships around understanding NCEA assessment with parents and whānau, hāpori Māori, hapū and iwi.
To analyse and interpret assessment information to inform teaching and learning
To guide quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Kaiako understanding of NCEA.
- Use of assessment standards as assessment tools.
- Develop and implement teaching and learning programmes that lead to valid pathways for ākonga.
- Understanding of quality assurance policies and procedures, particularly for internal and external moderation.
- Raising ākonga achievement so it reflects successful outcomes.
How we work with you
We are responsive to building and promoting strong relationships with kura, kaiako, ākonga, whānau, hapū and iwi. We are guided by the following values:
Pono me te tika