School-wide assessment systems
How much assessment is too much assessment? Or not enough?
Are you getting the most out of the assessment information you have?
Make sure that your assessment makes a real difference to teaching and learning.
We support schools to establish or refine assessment systems which:
- help set teaching and learning priorities
- support teachers to group for needs
- support students to develop learning goals
- support schools to develop a culture of shared responsibility
- contribute to teacher judgments for reporting to parents, boards and the MoE
- provide evidence for school review
We can offer you practical support to enable you to:
- collect and collate reliable data
- develop quality moderation systems
- manipulate and sort data
- display data using charts and graphs
- calculate effect sizes to show value-added
- use data to improve teaching and learning
We will work with you to determine your needs and priorities, and formulate a plan of action.
Why work with us?
We have leadership and expertise in assessmentWe are recognised leaders in assessment. Director Michael Absolum is recognised nationally as a thought leader in assessment systems and our consultants are expert in all matters to do with assessment.
We are responsive to your needsWe recognise that no two schools have the same needs. With you, we’ll work to design appraisal systems that are just right for your school.
Appraisal systems that workWe work with you to design a system that meets the two-way goal of appraisal: professional development and accountability.
The right consultantWe have over 30 highly-skilled consultants experienced from primary to secondary. We’ll be sure to find exactly the right person to meet your needs.