Understanding conduct disorder course
This practical course aims to demystify Conduct Disorder and equip educators with the right understanding to best support their learners.
One in five young people in our education system requires some level of additional support in order to reach their potential. They may have learning difficulties, disabilities, challenging behaviour, be disadvantaged or have mental health concerns.
What does the Understanding Conduct Disorder course focus on?
- background on Conduct Disorder – what the condition is
- practical strategies for teachers to assist in managing Conduct Disorder to enhance learning
- question and answer session
- unpacking real-life scenarios as a group.
How we work with you
Brenda Ellis will be leading this series of courses. Brenda has specialist knowledge, expertise and in-depth experience in learning support, having recently joined Evaluation Associates from Salisbury School (a national residential school for young people with complex needs based in Nelson). Brenda brings her years of sensible, practical experience to this empowering workshop.
You choose how you want to engage with this important learning. We run as both a face-to-face and online course.
Who should engage in this course
This course is ideal for all educators – teachers, teacher aides, SENCOs, Learning Support Co-ordinators (LSC), RTLBs, kaiako in early learning settings, and leaders.
What people say
- I thoroughly enjoyed the PD session on Friday. Knowledge about these underlying learning difficulties and increasing neurodiverse populations is crucial to improving practice and addressing needs. Learning Support Co-ordinator, Christchurch.
This online course starts from the 1st of March 2021. We offer this course monthly so you can fit it in with your busy schedule.
If you wish to wish for us to deliver this as a face-to-face course, please contact Brenda Ellis - email@example.com
This online course costs $175 + GST per person.
Teacher aides currently working in schools can apply to the Ministry of Education Teacher Aide PLD Pilot Fund to attend this course. The pilot fund will meet the course costs for successful applications, and up to $500 per person for travel and/or accommodation as required.