Leadership Advisor - Canterbury
Evaluation Associates Ltd is a dynamic, friendly New Zealand-wide company with recognised expertise in a range of education consultancy services. We are looking for a highly motivated, confident and capable educational leader with the skills to support principals/ngā tumuaki to impact positively on student outcomes.
Evaluation Associates has been contracted by the Ministry of Education to provide an individual support service for principals, with a primary focus on beginning principals/ngā tumuaki. We currently have 33 Leadership Advisors supporting over 400 beginning principals/ngā tumuaki and additional experienced principals across the schooling sector from primary to secondary. In each region the work of the leadership advisors is supported by a regional management group made up of representatives from Evaluation Associates, the regional Ministry office and local principal associations.
We are seeking to recruit a Leadership Advisor to further support the service for principals primarily but not exclusively in the Canterbbury region. The leadership advisor appointment will commence at a time to be negotiated as soon as possible after the 24th January 2022 and run until 31st December 2024. While we will consider applications from those who wish to be less than 1 FTE our preference is for people either full-time or close to this. The capabilities required and key tasks are outlined in the job description. In summary, the successful applicant for this role will:
- have recent successful school principal experience in New Zealand secondary schools or kura
- have a disposition and demeanour which garners principals' trust and confidence
- have the skills and disposition to effectively coach principals to develop in their leadership
- have a strong commitment to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- have a strong commitment to supporting beginning principals/ngā tumuaki to achieve success in their new role and raise achievement for every student
- have a strong commitment to supporting experienced principals with targeted and tailored support
- be open to learning and growing professionally
- be a team player – with the ability to collaborate with the wider team of leadership advisors, the Ministry of Education, local principal groups and other key stakeholders
- be a clear communicator (oral and written)
- have the ability to coach leaders in their leadership inquiries and to effectively problem-solve when issues arise
- be a highly competent IT user – including the use of standard tools such as Word and Excel – and also have the ability to quickly pick up new technologies
The closing date for all applications is 5 pm on Wednesday 27th October 2021. Please note we require a full CV and covering letter. Please include in your covering letter:
- Your current location.
- We will consider applications from those who wish to be considered for an FTE that is different than the full time role being advertised. Please state this clearly, describing your preferred FTE (e.g. 0.8 FTE).
- The names of two referees, preferably school principals in your region and, where possible, a principal you have mentored previously.
Interviews are expected to be undertaken during the week of 15th November.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY. Please note you will be re-directed to an external site.