Appraisal for principals and senior leaders
Looking to offer your senior leaders a powerful, external appraisal experience?
Effective appraisal helps your senior leaders develop to their full potential.
Our experienced consultants can work with your senior leaders to take them through effective appraisal that addresses the twin purposes of development and accountability.
Please note that we currently have only a very small number of places available for principal appraisal. If you are interested in going on our waiting list, please feel free to email Ros Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our appraisal will:
- provide the principal or senior leader with an opportunity to give and to be given feedback on performance
- provide the principal or senior leader with an opportunity to use the appraisal results to set goals for professional development for the following year
- enable the school to use a planned approach to goal setting and link the performance of each individual staff member to school objectives
- provide the board of trustees with assurance that senior leadership performance is appropriately monitored.
Additional appraisal services principals and senior leaders
In addition to the standard components of the appraisal programme described above we are also able to:
- carry out observations and give feedback on classroom teaching or other aspects of the leader's role (e.g., running a PLD session with staff)
- run more regular coaching sessions
- run senior leader PLGs
- interview staff members, students and parents to provide feedback for the person being appraised
- carry out analysis of student achievement data for teams for which the senior leader is responsible.
School-wide appraisal systems
Evaluation Associates consultants also offer professional learning to assist school to develop effective school-wide appraisal systems that make a difference to teachers' teaching and learners' learning. Find out more here.
Why work with us?
We have experience and expertise in leader appraisalOur consultants have worked with a wide range of senior leaders to provide them with effective appraisal.
We respond to your needsWe recognise that no two schools are the same. With you, we'll work to design an appraisal process that suits your needs and your budget.
NZ Teachers Council appraisal projectOur involvement in the professional learning and development team for this project ensures our deep understanding of the principles and practices of meaningful and appropriate appraisal.
The right consultantWe have many experienced appraisers who have worked in primary, intermediate and secondary schools. We'll be sure to find exactly the right person to meet your needs.