Overview of services for Kāhui Ako
How will you build a shared vision across your Kāhui Ako? What values will your Kāhui Ako create, and for whom?
We can help you establish and build a vibrant and effective community of learning.
We can support Kāhui Ako to:
- gather data to develop an achievement challenge
- discover and define the benefits for schools, students, teachers, families and whānau
- unpack what it means to be collaborative, to form a strong community within and across schools
- develop a common framework for inquiring into achievement issues, leadership and teacher practice
- develop a shared understanding of what learning focused relationships are at all levels within schools and across schools
On the operational level, we can help you establish clear systems and processes to ensure day to day actions happen as efficiently as possible. We can help you:
- develop a strategic plan and project plans
set up effective communication strategies
- collect, clean and analyse cross-school data using effect sizes.
We can help your across-school teachers to lead effective adult learning that impacts positively on student achievement
Across-school leaders will be excellent teachers, but facilitating effective adult learning requires some additional skills. We can work with cross-school leaders to develop those skills required to ensure issues are dealt with while maintaining effective relationships. We can help you to:
- develop capability and confidence to lead the learning of colleagues (within your setting and across schools / ECE centres in your Kāhui Ako)
- foster a deep understanding of what is best practice when leading the learning of adults, and the implications of this for your role
- develop an understanding of learning focused conversations and practices for engaging with adult learners
- build a repertoire of strategies and processes to engage adult learners
- practise some of the strategies back in your own context and reflect on the process
- establish wider support networks through developing collegial relationships within the group (learn with, from and on behalf of others.).
Our mission is to bring this professional learning to you to align with the timing of the appointments of your across school teachers. You may like to work as a single Kāhui Ako or connect with other local Kāhui Ako in your area. Call us to discuss your plans to see how this PLD will enable your team to enact its vision for its learners.
We can help you monitor how you are doing.
It is vital to know that you're making a difference. We can help you develop an evaluation and monitoring framework that is linked to your achievement plan.
Why work with us?
ExperienceWe have wide experience in leading schools through the changes needed for effective teaching and learning in schools in New Zealand and internationally, to maximise the potential of students. We support schools and centres to develop innovative, collaborative, responsive teaching and learning, and educational leaders to embrace collaborative practices.
We respond to your needsWith you, we'll design support that's just right for you - it might include in-school coaching, staff meetings, teacher only days, IT advice, change management support, design thinking and prototyping.
The right consultantWe have over 30 highly-skilled consultants. We'll be sure to find exactly the right person to meet your needs.
In-class modellingOur consultants are comfortable in any teaching space, modelling innovative strategies to maximise learning.
Change management supportNew initiatives succeed only when the change management processes are in place. We help you support your staff through the change process.
Ongoing evaluationMoney for PLD is a precious resource - you need to know you're getting your money's worth! We set up processes for ongoing PLD evaluation, so we can keep steering in the right direction.
Coaching for leaders and teachersOur consultants are experienced coaches. They can meet virtually or face-to-face as regularly as you need them.