Accredited facilitator for MoE-funded PLD - See Summary of practice
Vijay is an education consultant working out of our Auckland office. Her areas of expertise include:
- Assessment for learning
- Developing teacher and leader reflective capability and adaptive expertise
- Analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data
- Teacher and leader inquiry and knowledge building
- Practice analysis and Open-to-Learning conversations
- Collaborative expertise and building relational trust
- Culturally responsive and relational pedagogy
- Modern learning pedagogies
- Literacy across the curriculum
- Curriculum and assessment knowledge in science and mathematics
- Accelerated learning practices
- Effective pedagogy for English language learners
Vijay is an experienced facilitator who works collaboratively with schools to build leader and teacher capability and schools’ capacity to lead learning and implement a range of effective literacy practices through the inquiry and knowledge building process. Prior to joining Evaluation Associates, Vijay facilitated in the Literacy and English Language Learner contracts, and in centrally funded contracts for science. She has presented workshops across a range of curriculum and educational areas.
Vijay previously held a range of teacher, middle leader and senior leadership positions in the primary schooling sector including the leadership of science and literacy. She brings to her role a deep knowledge of The New Zealand Curriculum and strong assessment literacy skills so that leaders and teachers can be supported to critically evaluate and reflect on the impact of teaching and learning.
Vijay has completed a Master’s degree (MProfStuds) with a focus on understanding the value of the use of video analysis together with professional learning conversations to improve teacher reflective capability and adaptive expertise. Vijay’s strength lies in her ability to develop respectful, trusting, and positive relationships which is key to school improvement actions. She is able to engage leaders and teachers in making improvements to teaching and learning through the modelling of classroom observations, open to learning conversations and the use of video to analyse classroom practice.
In her spare time Vijay loves to read, listen to music, watch movies and spend time with her family.