Curriculum Progress Tools (LPF and PaCT) support for 2018
The LPF supports teachers’ understanding of progress. It describes, through annotated illustrations of student work, the significant signposts students move through as they develop their expertise in reading, writing and mathematics in years 1 to 10. The frameworks illustrate rich teaching and learning activities in everyday classroom programmes, and prompt teachers to notice what students know and can do.
Using the frameworks of the LPF, PaCT provides a dependable measure of achievement that can be used to track student progress. It synthesises teachers’ judgments on aspects of reading, writing, and mathematics to generate a score for individual students which can be displayed in relation to the levels of the New Zealand Curriculum. This makes the progress and achievement of students visible, alongside curriculum expectations, and supports reporting to students, parents, families, whānau, and Boards of Trustees. Together, the two tools provide valuable support for teaching and learning.
The Consortium for Professional Learning, on behalf of the Ministry of Education, wishes to extend an invitation to attend a professional learning opportunity in your region for LPF and PaCT. As these workshops coincide with some exciting progress features and reports that will become available in October, we will take the opportunity to share these enhancements with you.
All Curriculum Progress Tools (LPF and PaCT) workshops are free to attend.
Term 3 workshop structure
We are pleased to offer two workshop options during the day. The workshops will offer something for everyone, from experienced users to those considering using the tool. If you wish to attend, please choose the appropriate session based on the information below.
Morning session: 9.15am – 12.15pm (3 hours)
New users or those interested in learning more about these tools.
The morning session will enable those attending to:
- develop a good understanding of the purposes, principles and structure of the Learning Progression Frameworks and Progress and Consistency Tool.
- hear some of the wisdom and experiences from schools currently using the LPF and PaCT, including implementation processes.
- learn about recent and upcoming tool enhancements and consider their potential
Afternoon session: 1:30pm - 3:30pm (2 hours)
Current users of the tool or those that have already received introductory training.
The afternoon session will enable those attending to:
- discuss ways of implementing and using the tool with schools currently using the LPF and PaCT
- explore recent and upcoming tool enhancements and consider their potential in relation to current use
- consider and share implementation and sustainability processes that have been successful
Term 3 workshop details
We have recently added new locations and workshops in your region. Each of these locations have a morning session and an afternoon session.
- Kaitaia (NEW)- September 21, facilitated by: Kerry Upson, Martin Turner
- Auckland (NEW)*- September 26, facilitated by: Nadine Sorrensen, Trish Manson
- Te Kuiti (NEW)- September 27, facilitated by: Gayle McIlraith
- Tauranga (NEW)- October 24, facilitated by: Cath Runga, Julie Luxton
- Gisborne (NEW)- September 19, facilitated by: Cath Runga, Nicki Sturgeon
- New Plymouth (NEW)- October 30, facilitated by: Anne Purves, Karen Lethbridge
- Masterton (NEW)- September 26, facilitated by: Nikki Sturgeon, Caron Watson
- Blenheim (NEW)- September 24, facilitated by: Julia Scott, Jacqui Clayton
- Timaru (NEW)- September 25, facilitated by: Brent Langford, Rose Regenvanu
- Dunedin (NEW)- September 18, facilitated by: Janelle Stevenson, Joy Hawke
- Whangarei- September 07, facilitated by: Kerry Upson, Martin Turner
- Auckland- August 21, facilitated by: Nadine Sorrensen, Trish Manson
- Hamilton- August 22, facilitated by: Gayle McIlraith, Jacqui Tutavake
- Rotorua- August 24, facilitated by: Cath Runga, Julie Luxton
- Hastings- September 20, facilitated by: Ruth Price, Andrea Piters
- Whanganui- September 03, facilitated by: Anne Purves, Karen Lethbridge
- Wellington (Kapiti Coast)- September 04, facilitated by: Nicki Sturgeon, Dianna Craker
- Nelson- September 07, facilitated by: Julia Scott, Jacqui Clayton
- Christchurch- September 05, facilitated by: Brent Langford, Rose Regenvanu
- Invercargill- September 11, facilitated by: Janelle Stevenson, Kerry Hall
All workshops are free to attend.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To begin registering for a workshop, please choose your region from the dropdown.
There are no workshops available for registration at this time. Please check back later