Bay of Plenty/Waiariki
Evaluation Associates Ltd is a dynamic, friendly New Zealand-wide company with recognised expertise in a range of education consultancy services. We are looking for a highly motivated, confident and capable educational leader with the skills to support principals/ngā tumuaki to impact positively on student outcomes.
Evaluation Associates has been contracted by the Ministry of Education to provide a school-based support service primarily focused on beginning principals/ngā tumuaki and other principals as capacity allows. We currently have 31 Leadership Advisors supporting over 400 beginning principals/ngā tumuaki across the schooling sector from primary to secondary. In each region the work of the leadership advisors is supported by a regional management group made up of representatives from Evaluation Associates, the regional Ministry office and local principal associations.
Due to the relocation of one of our Leadership Advisors from the Bay of Plenty/Waiariki region we are looking to recruit a Leadership Advisor to support the service in this region. The appointment will be a fixed term contract which will commence on the 21st January 2019 and run until 31st December 2019. While we will consider applications from those who wish to be less than 1 FTE, our preference is for people either full-time or close to this. The capabilities required and key tasks are outlined in the job description. In summary, the successful applicant for this role will:
- have recent successful school principal experience in New Zealand schools or kura
- have a disposition and demeanour which garners principals' trust and confidence
- have effective facilitation knowledge and skills
- have a strong commitment to supporting schools to raise achievement for every student
- have a strong commitment to supporting beginning principals/ngā tumuaki to achieve success in their new role
- have a strong commitment to supporting experienced principals with targeted and tailored support
- be open to learning and growing professionally
- be a team player – with the ability to collaborate with the wider team of leadership advisors, the Ministry of Education and local principal groups
- be a clear communicator (oral and written)
- have the ability to coach leaders in their leadership inquiries and to effectively problem-solve when issues arise
- be a highly competent IT user – including the use of standard tools such as Word and Excel – and also have the ability to quickly pick up new technologies
Applications close Tuesday 4th September 2018.
How to apply:
To apply click here. You will be redirected to an external site.
Please note we require a full CV and covering letter. Please include in your covering letter:
- Your current location
- We will consider applications from those who wish to be less than 1 FTE. If you wish to be less than 1 FTE then please state this clearly, describing your preferred FTE (e.g. 0.8 FTE)
- The names of two referees, preferably school principals in your region and, where possible, a beginning principal you have mentored previously.
Interviews are expected to be undertaken on Wednesday 19th September.