Advert and application details for PLD facilitator – Wellington
Evaluation Associates Limited is a growing, dynamic and friendly New Zealand-wide company with recognised expertise in a range of education consultancy services.
We are looking for a motivated and capable educator with the facilitation skills to support teachers and leaders to impact positively on student outcomes. We are specifically seeking applicants with experience in the primary sector and based in the Wellington region.
Our ideal applicant will:
- have successful leadership and teaching experience
- have in-depth knowledge and experience in evaluation and inquiry
- have a deep understanding of assessment for learning pedagogy
- understand how to achieve successful outcomes for Māori and Pasifika students
- have a range of IT skills
- be a clear communicator (oral and written)
- be open to learning and growing professionally
- have a strong commitment to supporting schools and Kāhui Ako to raise achievement for every student.
In addition to the above, the specific skills which would make an applicant stand out are:
- the ability to support schools with assessment for learning and developing student agency
- the ability to support teachers and leaders to develop collaborative teaching practices (whether in an ILE or not)
- a particular interest in culturally responsive practices which enable success for Māori and/or Pasifika learners
- the ability to support teachers and leaders to optimally use digital technologies to improve students’ learning and achievement
- expertise in science and technology (including STEM)
- expertise in working with e-asTTle and the Learning Progression Framework / Progress and Consistency Tool (PaCT)
It would also be an advantage to the applicant if he or she:
- is an accredited facilitator
- has a post-graduate qualification
Travel is involved, so a current New Zealand driver’s licence is required.
We offer an opportunity:
to make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in New Zealand
with challenge, variety and exceptional professional development
for building powerful networks with other educators and advancing your career
The position is most likely to be a full-time permanent position, although those preferring part-time work are welcome to apply.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 13 February, 2018. Further enquiries, and letter of application and CV to:
m: 021 047 1235 e: email@example.com