Beginning Principals' National Hui 2017
Leading Learning - Being Strategic
The team of Leadership Advisors looks forward to the national hui in October.
Who: The hui is for all those who are currently receiving support from the Beginning Principals’ Programme.
What: The three days will be a mix of keynote speakers, targeted workshops and opportunities to share and network with other beginning principals. We will look at a range of topics including management, finance, property, leadership, staff wellness (including your own!) and how your leadership impacts on equity and excellence for all.
The programme is designed to be active and interactive. You will be encouraged to engage in problem solving and action planning as well as sharing your expertise, highlights and challenges with others.
There will be whole group presentations as well as time for you to engage in workshops with those from the same or very similar contexts, for example secondary, small rural primary, area schools, integrated, Te Kura Kaupapa Māori.
Where: Holiday Inn, Auckland Airport
When: October 3rd – 5th Inclusive. The programme commences at 9.30am on the 3rd and will finish at 4pm on the 5th.
National Hui Update - July
The hui programme is taking shape nicely, with a mix of national and international speakers, along with current principals willing to share their leadership learning. We have built in several times in the hui for you to meet in sector groups, as well as opportunities to share and learn from and with each other.
We have already organized a number of keynote speakers:
- Distinguished Professor Viviane Robinson will start the day off on Tuesday with a focus on leading change by doing less, based on her soon to be released book, Reduce Change to Increase Improvement.
- Anne Milne will look at the challenges and opportunities inherent in being a culturally responsive leader.
- Dr Phil Riley from ACU Melbourne will focus on principal health and wellbeing.
- Cathy Wylie from NZCER will work with us on the principals’ component of the Teaching and School Practices Survey Tool.
- Derek Wenmoth will provide some challenges and insights about what the future might be like for leaders and learners.
The draft programme will be posted here later in Term 3 for your reference.
The venue limits us to a maximum of 200 participants and spaces are filling up fast. Please register sooner rather than later. If you haven't already done so you can register through this link or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with queries.
We look forward to spending a focused, interactive and potentially fun three days with you
Keep checking this page. More information will be added as it becomes available.