National Standards support
Do your teachers need help in understanding National Standards and making dependable overall teacher judgements?
We can help clarify the demands of assessing and reporting against National Standards within the context of the New Zealand curriculum.
To report accurately against National Standards, teachers need to have sound knowledge of the curriculum and of learning progressions in reading, writing and mathematics, and a clear understanding of how standards referenced assessment works. Let us help you.
We support schools and teachers to:
- understand National Standards and the progressions of learning within them
- make dependable overall teacher judgements against the standards
- develop sound moderation processes to ensure dependability
- position the use of assessment tools appropriately
- understand and use the PaCT tool to make overall teacher judgements
- improve their processes for reporting to parents and whānau.
Why work with us?
ExperienceWe have wide experience in helping schools understand National Standards and the making of OTJs. Our company was instrumental in developing and running the recent OTJ workshops.
We respond to your needs
We recognise that no two schools are the same. With you, we'll plan support that suits your needs and your budget.
The right consultantWe have over 20 highly-skilled consultants. We'll be sure to find exactly the right person to meet your needs.
Ongoing evaluationMoney for PLD is a precious resource - you need to know you're getting your money's worth! We set up processes for ongoing PLD evaluation, so we can keep steering in the right direction.